Friday 22 August 2014

Beautiful Besties and a Pastel moment

My husband recently came home from work and asked me if I could make a card for one of his work colleagues to give to his niece. I didn't know anything about either of these people, so the only guidance that I had was that he had liked a card that I had recently made for my sister's birthday, using a Bestie image. Not much to go on, but, after dinner was out of the way I decided to crack on and try to get creative as the card was needed for the very next day.

Three and a half hours later (and at 11.30pm I might add!) this was the result. A sweet little bestie,, decoupaged in to 3 layers and coloured in pro marker, with a lilly bit of bling for good measure.
The colouring and cutting out took forever……especially post 10pm when I was becoming a little bleary eyed.  I kept the background fairly simple as I wanted the image to stand out.

Luckily the card was very well received. The only problem was that (and I didn't know this at the time) the guy was going to have to post it. It was an 8 x 8 card with some quite thick decoupage……he had to send it by special delivery….it must have cost him an arm and a leg! Oh well….at least he got the card for free :-).

Oh, and of course, the new card turned out nothing like the one I had made for my sister in the end…this is the one that I had made for her……

So now it just remains for me to enter a few of the lovely challenges that are out there this week:

http://cutiepiechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/challenge-76-cute-with-buttons-bows.html
http://bestieschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/challenge-17use-your-favorite-color.html
http://toptiptuesday.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/challenge-anything-goes-shaker-card.html
http://cinspirations.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/challenge-277-anything-goes-option-of.html
http://4kraftygirlzchallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/challenge-25.html
http://pennyschallenges.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/pennys-challenge-190-winners-and-top-3.html
http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/crafty-calendar-august-challenge.html
http://sirstampalotchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/august-challenge-anything-goes.html
http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/08/challenge-71.html

Thanks for stopping by today and, for those of you that have a long Bank Holiday weekend to look forward to…..have a good one!

Sharon x

13 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous card!! thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card Challenge..Sue DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two very pretty cards, lovely soft colours on the first and an easel card is always a joy to see.

    Thanks so much for sharing your creativity with us at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two gorgeous cards. All that cutting out and late at night too. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Sharon, the card turned out beautifully!!! The chap's niece must absolutely love it...she is a lucky young lady to receive such a pretty card.

    Hugs,
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet, thank you for joining us at crafty girls challenges, good luck
    Caroline dt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for playing with us this week at Top Tip Tuesday’s anything goes Challenge! This is beautiful!
    Hugs,
    Karen C GDT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Sharon, cute image, beautifully coloured, thank you for sharing with us at Crafty Girls, best of luck xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie's. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card,love image and wonderful colour combo. Thanks for joining us at Wednesday's Creative Inspirations. I hope you get to join us again for our next challenge. Agnieszka

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are so lovely and it is good sometimes to spend so much time in colouring an image, it shows in the end though, thanks so much for joining us at My Besties International challenge blog and I hope we will see you again, hugs, Marion DT Member My Besties International

    ReplyDelete
  11. Donna, your cards are so precious! Thank you for entering our challenge at My Besties International. Our new challenge begins on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love both of these gorgeous cards :-) Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday for our Anything Goes Challenge
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that decoupaged image is really fab and it adds a lovely dimension to the card, and it looks great with the clean layered background :-)
    Thanks also for sharing another lovely design with us at Top Tip Tuesday!
    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon