Thursday 4 September 2014

A bit of bling is the thing

Hi there everyone and welcome to the latest Crafty Little Fairies challenge for which we have a theme of 'sparkles and bling'. Now I am more of what you would call a subtle bling person…..I love a bit of glitter (OK quite a lot of glitter!) ad some pearls and gem, but I am not an all out 'blinger'! So for my card I have just added a little bit of glitter for a touch of sparkle. This was very east to do as I just doodled somwswirls with a glue pen and then sprinkled away….hopefully they look OK.

My image of choice for this card was a beautiful Rachelle Ann Miller stamp from Crafters Companion and I had to say I just loved colouring it in as it fulfilled two of my colouring obsessions -a cute little animal and the never ending challenge of hair. When I start on hair, I am never sure how it is going to turn out, but I think I did OK this time.

The cuddly toy was also fun to colour as I could play around with my blender pen to get a bit of a furry texture going on.

Finally, isn't the backing paper gorgeous? It was a freebie from a magazine and was designed by a lady called Jennifer Ellory. I am not sure if you can actually buy papers designed by her….if anyone knows please can they send me a comment as I would love to get hold of some.

And finally some other challenges to enter this week:

http://withoutwordschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/september-its-celebration.html
http://cutiepiechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/challenge-77-twos-companyand-dt-call.html
http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/anything-goes.html
http://thepapershelter.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/challenge-172-stars-andor-hearts.html

So that's my little card for today, which I hope you all like, and I hope you will come and join us over at Crafty Little Fairies for our September challenge.

Bye for now.

Sharon x


11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous.....love that colour combo & that sweet little image! Fab colouring too, her hair is lovely & love the texture you got on that cuddly toy.
    hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous card Sharon. the image is adorable and I love the pretty papers.
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful colouring Sharon and such an adorable image..love the corner sparkle and pretty papers..

    luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card and cute image. Gorgeous papers too. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I'm usually quite subtle with my bling too! Your sparkly doodled corners look fab!
    The image is really sweet and your colouring is lovely - the bunny toy looks so furry and cuddly!

    Big hugs, Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hiya, yes, I like a lot! That image is so sweet, and perfectly coloured,

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful, thanks for joining us at Cutie Pie's. Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet card Sharon, love that stamp and am so glad that you're playing with our Two's Company Challenge at The Cutie Pies. Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh darn this image is cute. I love this card. The image is adorable and colored wonderfully! Love that you limited the embellishments to show off the awesome paper, too. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter this week and hope you'll come and look at our next challenge on Wednesday! Hugs, Gail

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute! A fabby looking card. Lovely colours and sweet image. Thanks for playing with us over at The Paper Shelter this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable card Sharon, love this cute image which you have coloured perfectly! The papers are so pretty and the green and burgundy are brilliant together :) Donna ♥ x

    PS: thanks for the lovely comment you left on my Gothic Girl card and huge apologies for not popping over sooner...I need more time in my day x

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon