Wednesday 11 February 2015

How Charming!

 It's time for a new challenge over at Fab n Funky and this week the theme is 'charms', so you need to be using a charm somewhere on your creation.

Now I don't know about you but I have a fair few charms in my collection.....and do you know why? Well, I buy them, and then I can't bear to part with them as I generally save them for 'special' cards!

Ironically, the one I have used on this card was a freebie from a magazine, but it has made me think that I really need to get those charms out and make use of them, so you might see a few more of them popping up in future posts!

For this card I have made good use of my Grand Nestabilities for the matting and layering, and I have printed a gorgeous Besties image which I have coloured with promarkers and decoupaged up in three layers.
I was going for a pastel appearance but I am not sure if I have gone  too far and made it a bit wishy washy!!

There are lots of other lovely cards for you to feast your eyes on over at Fab n Funky so I do hope you will come over and join us.

Finally - let's not forget about some of the other fun challenges out there:

http://craftycalendarchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/crafty-calendar-february-challenge.html
http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/challenge-92.html
http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/challenge-46.html
http://bestieschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/welcome-to-challenge-3-hearts-or-arrows.html
http://bestieschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/welcome-to-challenge-3-hearts-or-arrows.html
http://mybestiesuk.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/besties-uk-challenge-anything-goes.html
http://papertakeweekly.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/hearts-flowers.html


Thanks for visiting.

Sharon x

36 comments:

  1. Lovely colour combo Sharon. Gorgeous card shape too and I LOVE how you've suspended the lovely locket charm from the Memory Box bow. Very clever. Hugs, Wends x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shape of your card and the pretty colour combo. This image is adorable and the heart charm looks great hanging from the bow. I tend to hoard my charms too and only use them for special cards.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really pretty card Sharon, your cute image looks lovely all dressed up in her pastel colours! The heart charm is the perfect finishing touch!
    Chris
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww how adorable!! The charm is the perfect touch this adorably colored image. Just lovely.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sharon, Adorable card with such a lovely shape and the heart charm finishes it off beautifully. hugs, Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card design with a really cute image and lovely col ours.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. definitely not to wishy washy for me Sharon! the colours are really pretty and at least we persuaded you to part with one of your precious charms lol - love this really cute card hugs Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Sharon. Love the Besties image and colours. Hugs, Carol S.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Sharon...Just love the cute image...pretty colours...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous card Sharon...Just love the cute image...pretty colours...Joolsx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Sharon this is absolutely gorgeous I adore that image and colours you have used the charm looks fabby.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  12. The pastel shades work beautifully here, not wishy washy at all, just really pretty and the charm is a lovely finishing touch. I have lots of charms too and have been starting to use them more recently so you can do it!

    Big hugs, Kat xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card thanks for joining us over at besties UK -Carol besties UK DT co-ordinator x

    ReplyDelete
  14. love this and the colors you have chosen thank you for joining us at My Besties UK Challenge Sue dt xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute image. Lovely card layout. Thank you for sharing it with us at CFTH challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  16. this is soooooo very sweet love it thanks for joining us at my bestie UK and good luck in the draw
    hugs Tonnie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card. I love the image. Thanks for joining in our Anything Goes" challenge at Crafty Calendar this month.
    Hugs
    Bev x

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive your comments, so thanks so much for taking the time to visit me and tell me what you think. Happy crafting! Sharon